5 Benefits of Hydrojetting
Hydrojetting is a process that plumbers use to clear clogs out of a home’s pipes and sewer lines. It is a highly effective cleaning method that leaves pipes unobstructed and debris-free. It realized on a water blaster that shoots water into pipes and sewer lines at a very high pressure to clear out many different types of buildup.
What are the advantages of the process?
- Cost effectiveness- Hydrojetting is one of the most cost-effective means of clearing a plumbing system of clogs. It is cost-effective because it doesn’t involve very complicated equipment and it is not a very intrusive process. It also saves money in the future because it provides such a thorough cleaning that it minimizes future maintenance needs.
- Deep cleaning- Of any cleaning method, hydrojetting is probably the most effective at clearing blockages from plumbing systems.
- Keeping bacteria under control- Bacteria can build up over time in pipes and sewer lines and create a health hazard. It can also make drains in a home develop unpleasant odors. Hydrojetting is effective at removing bacterial buildup from pipes and sewer lines.
- Versatility of the technique- The hose setup used in hydrojetting is very maneuverable and can be positioned to pinpoint persistent leaks in the system.
- Fights all types of clogs- Clogs can be caused by many different substances. Possibilities include mud, sand, soap, tree roots, and more. Hydrojetting is effective against any possible material that can clog pipes and sewer lines.
How does it work?
The hydrojetting typically starts with a video inspection of pipes and sewer lines. This inspection will both pinpoint problem areas of the pluming system and determine if a plumbing system’s pipes and sewer lines will stand up to the process well. While hydrojetting is highly effective at cleaning out clogs, it is not advisable for older or weaker pipes, because it could cause damage to the plumbing system.
During hydrojetting, a hose and nozzle setup is put into the pipe and sewer line system through a cleanout or opening. Then, water is blasted through at a very high pressure. The process is continued until all clogs and obstacles in the pipes and sewer lines have been removed. If lines are being clogged by tree roots, a mechanical drain snake will need to be put down before hydrojetting begins to tear the roots free.
If you suspect a build-up in your lines, don’t hesitate to schedule hydrojetting services. Call (708) 352-1670 and let Allan E. Power Plumbing clear the pipes of your La Grange area home.